“The Center for Fiction is the rarest thing these days: A place where it’s possible to concentrate and actually get some writing done. With so much disruption everywhere else, I’m really thankful for the staff’s hard work to keep the Writers Studio safe and calm and pleasant.” —Justin Scheck, Journalist
The Center for Fiction Writers Studio provides quiet space to work in Downtown Brooklyn. We accept writers of all genres and people at all different stages of their career. All writers are welcome.
Open every day from 8am to 10pm, our Writers Studio is located in a beautiful, bright space on our second floor. It provides the perfect setting conducive to the craft of writing and is conveniently located near the Atlantic Barclays transportation hub.
Learn about the Writers Studio membership benefits, rates, application process, and more below!
Benefits, Rates & More
Benefits, Rates & More
“In terms of facilities and community, the Writers Studio is the best place to write in New York in my experience. Comfortable, quiet writing rooms, professional ambiance, an enormous library, and bookstore-café below. The Center has done a great job of keeping going, despite COVID.” —Julia Lichtblau, Writer
Writers Studio Membership Benefits
- Access to our quiet Writers Studio with private desk space, WiFi, printers, kitchenette, and charging stations
- Opportunities to share your work, network, and mingle with publishing professionals at member-only social events throughout the year
- Access to our tech-free Reading Room, tech-friendly Lounge, and Terrace
- Borrowing privileges from our circulating collection of over 70,000 titles
- 10% discount on events, workshops, reading groups, and Bookstore and Café & Bar purchases
- Early access to workshops, reading groups, and special events
- Free monthly members-only reading group
- Access to sister libraries in the Membership Libraries Group
- $250/month (Standard Rate)
- $150/month (Student Rate)
- $150/month (Emerging Writer Fellowship Alumni Rate)
Health and Safety
Please review our Health and Safety Protocols to learn how we are keeping the Writers Studio safe and clean.
How to Join
Please fill out and submit the application form below for consideration to join our community of writers. The application will take you about five minutes to complete. Thank you!
- Phone number
- Information on your current writing project
- A list of recent publications, residencies, fellowships, etc.
- Three personal references, including name, email address, and phone number
- Ideal start date at the Studio
There is a one-time $25 application processing fee, which can be completed in our online store. This fee is waived for all previous members. Please let us know in your application if this applies to you.