The Center for Fiction NYC Emerging Writer Fellowship Program offers grants, editorial mentorship, and other opportunities to early-career New York City-based practitioners who are at a critical moment in their development as fiction writers.
Applications for this year’s Fellowships were due May 30, 2021. The Fellowships will begin on October 21, 2021.
During the one-year Fellowship period, grantees receive:
- A grant of $5,000
- The opportunity to have their manuscript revised and critiqued by an experienced editor
- Access to write in our Writers Studio
- The opportunity to meet with editors, authors, and agents who represent new writers at monthly dinners
- Two public readings as part of our annual program of events
- A professional headshot for personal publicity use
- Inclusion in an anthology distributed to industry professionals
- Tickets to our First Novel Fête and/or Annual Awards Benefit
- Complimentary admission to all Center events
- A 25% discount on writing workshops at the Center
- A workshop on reading as performance, conducted by Audible
We are enormously grateful to the Jerome Foundation, the Amazon Literary Partnership, and the donors to The Center for Fiction/Susan Kamil Award for Emerging Writers for generously supporting these Fellowships, which have launched the literary careers of so many talented young writers.
Meet Our 2020 Fellows
Congratulations to Raluca Albu, Rakin Azfar, Ian Denning, Grace Shuyi Liew, Ruth Mukwana, Claire Oleson, Camila Santos, Sasha von Oldershausen, and Rachel Wolff, our 2020 Emerging Writer Fellows!