Update on This Year’s Emerging Writer Fellowship Announcement
Due to ongoing delays related to the current health crisis, the announcement of the 2020 NYC Emerging Writer Fellows has been pushed back to mid- to late September. We apologize for keeping you waiting and hope you understand.
If, since applying, you have signed a contract for publication or accepted an offer to study in a degree-granting program, please email email@example.com immediately to have your application pulled for consideration.
Thank you for your patience.
The Center for Fiction NYC Emerging Writer Fellowship offers grants, editorial mentorship, and other opportunities to early-career New York City-based practitioners who are at a critical moment in their development as fiction writers.
During the one-year fellowship period, grantees will receive:
- A grant of $5,000
- The opportunity to have their manuscript revised and critiqued by an experienced editor
- Access to write in our Writers Studio
- The opportunity to meet with editors, authors, and agents who represent new writers at monthly dinners
- Two public readings as part of our annual program of events
- A professional headshot for personal publicity use
- Inclusion in an anthology distributed to industry professionals
- Tickets to our First Novel Fete and/or Benefit & Awards Dinner
- Complimentary admission to all Center events
- 25% discount on writing workshops at the Center
Congratulations to our 2019 NYC Emerging Writer Fellows!
Congratulations to Coryn Brown, Bryna Peebles Cofrin-Shaw, Jonathan Durbin, Cally Fiedorek, Caroline K. Fulford, Nusrat Hossain, Alanna Schubach, Sarah Wang, and Jeri Ziegler, our 2019 Emerging Writer Fellows!