Congratulations to our 2019 NYC Emerging Writers Fellows!
Congratulations to Coryn Brown, Bryna Peebles Cofrin-Shaw, Jonathan Durbin, Cally Fiedorek, Caroline K. Fulford, Nusrat Hossain, Alanna Schubach, Sarah Wang, and Jeri Ziegler, our 2019 Emerging Writers Fellows!
You’ll be able to see the 2019 Emerging Writers reading their work at upcoming events, but until then, you can get to know each of the new fellows a little better here.
This program is generously funded by a grant from the Jerome Foundation, matched by additional funds from individuals. Nine fellows are selected annually and during the one-year fellowship period grantees will receive:
- A grant of $5,000
- The option to engage in a mentorship with a selected freelance editor
- The opportunity to meet with agents who represent new writers
- Free admission to all Center events for one year, including tickets to our First Novel Fete and benefit dinner as space allows
- 30% discount on tuition at select writing workshops at the Center
- Two public readings as part of our annual program of events and inclusion in an anthology distributed to industry professionals
- A professional headshot with a photographer for personal publicity use