About this product
General Membership: Dual
All renewing and new members can still use the 10% discounts on online workshops, ticketed events, and bookstore purchases during the temporary closure of our physical space in Brooklyn. However, your annual membership year officially begins the day our doors reopen to the public. (Please note this policy does not apply to digital memberships.)
- Borrowing privileges from our circulating collection of over 70,000 titles
- Use of our spacious tech-free members lounge and meeting rooms*
- 10% discount on events, workshops, reading groups, and bookstore and café-bar purchases
- Early bird ticketing to special events
- Free monthly afternoon book group led by our Head Librarian Allison Escoto year-round
- Discounted rates on space rentals
- Unlimited guests. Must be accompanied by a member during their visit.
Dual memberships are for two people living at a single address. Members must be 13+. Anyone between the ages of 13 and 17 must be accompanied by an adult member.
*For over 25 years, The Center has not permitted the use of laptops or cellphones by general members to encourage our community to unplug and sink into a good book or conversation without interruption from our devices. While peaceful, it is not meant to be a silent space and we do encourage members to strike up a conversation with each other.