Thank you for your interest in The Writers Studio at The Center for Fiction!
For the safety of our members, employees, and community, we have been obliged to implement a number of changes to comply with governmental guidelines and CDC recommendations. The arrangements described here are necessarily provisional and will be reassessed periodically in light of the evolving situation in regard to the pandemic:
- All staff members, visitors, and Writers Studio members are required to wear masks at all times.
- All Writers Studio members are required to be fully vaccinated. Please submit proof of vaccination to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to entering the second floor. Accepted forms of proof include:
- CDC vaccination card
- Excelsior pass
- A record of vaccination from the healthcare provider administered your vaccine
- To avoid any unnecessary contact and in order to facilitate any necessary contact tracing, your access to the Studio will require a reservation through Skedda, an online booking system available via any internet-connected digital device. You will be asked to choose a work space and to specify a time period. Reservations cannot be made more than 48 hours in advance. Per current state guidelines, you will also be required to answer several COVID screening questions.
- Writers Studio hours will initially be limited to 8AM to 10PM, 7 days a week. Entry into the building before 11AM and after 8PM will require the use of your keycard.
- The Writers Studio room has been rearranged to meet social distancing guidelines.
- Disinfectant wipes will be provided at each desk space. Additionally, standing hand sanitizer dispensers have been placed at various locations throughout the building. Members are encouraged to wipe down their work space before and after use.
- We are implementing enhanced and more frequent cleaning procedures to be provided by our contracted cleaners several times each week.
- Eating and drinking are not allowed in the Writers Studio or the auditorium. Members may eat and drink in the Clarissa Dalloway Room (max capacity of 2 at a time) and on our second floor outdoor terrace. Garbage and recycling receptacles will be provided to discard trash.
- The two restrooms nearest the kitchenette have been designated for Writers Studio members.
- Guest privileges are likewise suspended until further notice.